Cold feet with high carb?

mouseee

Strange question, my carbs have been higher than normal today for a number of reasons. But now, I have very cold feet!

I definitely had cold feet as a symptom of diabetes before I knew it what it was and I dont get that anymore - even in the coldest bit of winter- now I'm in control (normally!) But my question is, is it actually a 'thing' or just me!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Strange question, my carbs have been higher than normal today for a number of reasons. But now, I have very cold feet!

I definitely had cold feet as a symptom of diabetes before I knew it what it was and I dont get that anymore - even in the coldest bit of winter- now I'm in control (normally!) But my question is, is it actually a 'thing' or just me!

hi @mouseee
My feet have been freezing today. But weather is icy and have needed doors and windows open .When I had higher blood glucose levels my feet would always feel as if they were on fire. So opposite of what you are experiencing. Have you been managing to test BG?

As you mention your carbs have been higher, and I know from your other thread that you are very worried about your mum, it could be a combination of those factors.. (I hope you have good news from mum soon.)

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope not just you. Normally with low or high BG, I get pins and needles but today they have been freezing. Two pairs of socks and slippers didn’t help. Maybe it will be better tomorrow.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I look on it another way; when my body is in ketosis, I don’t feel the cold nearly as much.

That isn't to say I run around in my own personal heat bubble, but I do cope with the cold better, and my extremities are less likely to feel so chilly.