Cold Feet

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have terribly cold feet, especially working from home with my feet under a desk all day. The rest of me is fine, so it's not a general heating issue (in any case I am not happy to burn money all day heating the flat just for this).

I'm presuming this is likely a side effect of the T2 as it never used to be the case years ago. I'm already wearing thermal socks, occasionally doubled up, but my feet themselves don't seem to produce much heat, so insulation alone doesn't work.

Any recommendations for keeping feet warm? Any good electric warmers? I'm currently using a hot water bottle but that needs regular recharging.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have terribly cold feet, especially working from home with my feet under a desk all day. The rest of me is fine, so it's not a general heating issue (in any case I am not happy to burn money all day heating the flat just for this).

I'm presuming this is likely a side effect of the T2 as it never used to be the case years ago. I'm already wearing thermal socks, occasionally doubled up, but my feet themselves don't seem to produce much heat, so insulation alone doesn't work.

Any recommendations for keeping feet warm? Any good electric warmers? I'm currently using a hot water bottle but that needs regular recharging.
I find that sitting too long makes things worse. Generally it's a good idea to walk around for a while every hour or so.
I have one of those bean-filled snakes you put in the microwave. But just be careful not to burn yourself if you lose a bit of sensitivity.

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find that sitting too long makes things worse. Generally it's a good idea to walk around for a while every hour or so.

Good point, I can go for long walks in this freezing weather without it being an issue.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Browsing the forum at an unusually late/early hour (can’t sleep) and find myself in bed with freezing cold feet! Those heat pads look like a good investment.