Cold Feet?

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that my feet are incredibly cold. I have always walked around the house barefoot with laminate flooring and never felt this. For at least the last 2 weeks my feet have felt like ice blocks! I have had to resort to wearing socks most times which I cant stand and am looking for slippers. Seems a bit contradictory as the weather is warming up.

Could this be a result of my change in diet or maybe something else, has any one else had this?

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Hi I'm with you my feet are always cold but I'm not sure if it started after diagnosis for 'D' but I wear socks day and night,might look stupid and unsightly but even then they don't get that warm,it could be other feet problems though.

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is what I have been also wondering. I googled it and some sites say that it is a sign of ketosis. So that may be is as I am following a low carb plan

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
my feet have felt like ice blocks! I have had to resort to wearing socks most times which I cant stand and am looking for slippers.

Ugg boots (ankle height or lower) with sheepskin lining ... a bit expensive, but you won't get cold feet ..... slippers are useless unless they are too lined with natural thick wool fibre.

Mike :)

GoldenMouse

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi. I am not an expert in this matter but follow this home remedy.

Problem: Your lower limb is getting slow blood circulation. Uncontrolled high blood sugar levels in people with poorly controlled diabetes can cause peripheral neuropathy, or numbness and loss of sensation due to nerve damage.

Solution: The massage of almond oil can increase the blood circulation in your lower limb. Do not walk barefooted, even around the house.
Again, you should get an expert opinion.

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
I always wear flip flops in the house. It's warmer than bare feet and protect you from treading on anything without having to resort to socks or anything that would make you really hot.

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think I will invest in a pair of comfy sandals fit the time being until I can find out what it is. In my 30 plus years, I have never had this sensation!