1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cold relief

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Douglasw, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Douglasw

Douglasw · Member

Can anyone tell me if lemsip will affect blood sugar levels there are no details on the packaging

2. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Well it contains sugar in the form of sucrose, so probably. No idea how much sugar though.

You could make your own hot lemon with boiled water and squeezed lemon juice and then take paracetamol and a decongestant if that’s needed too.

Or use the Lemsip and test your BG afterwards to see what effect it has on you.

3. Douglasw

Douglasw · Member

Thanks for that, I try to find out things on the internet but have no luck, maybe I look in the wrong places, this is usually when I am stuck I post on here, but the people are great and lots of helpful information and tips to pick up

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

A great way to get nutritional and ingredients lists of foodstuffs or over the counter meds is to look at one of the UK supermarket websites as they list those facts and all it takes is a click of a button. If you get stuck (sugar has dozens of different names) then a quick Google should help.

Get well soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Douglasw

Douglasw · Member

Thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook