1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Collecting Prescriptions as part of your exercise

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by Slalom, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Angelofthemarches

Angelofthemarches Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh wow, you go through the mill! What a nightmare to deal with!

2. Angelofthemarches

Angelofthemarches Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I would say that re the whole exercise thing, that its fine with the extra walking if I factor it in. I exercise moderately 6 days a week. But if its on top of this I can get so worn out I'm just shattered the next day. I see an acupuncturist every now and then who says I have CFS in addition to type 2. Still overweight but have lost 25 lbs on lchf, hopefully more to come off!

3. SWUSA_

SWUSA_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you. It may actually get a lot worse-the senate just voted to repeal Obamacare without any replacement. This means the insurance companies are feel to simply exclude anyone with a pre-existing condition if it passes the house unchanged. Trump's war on Healthcare has begun already.
    We are off to get a prescription for my toothache-antibiotic and a medication for mom at another pharmacy that is preferred for her insurance plan.
    Also, the pharmacist told me yesterday that "they do not carry that brand of test strips". I just got a new meter because my insurance did not cover the test strips for the old meter I was using. My insurance company did not cover the new meter purchase-I found a coupon for it online. I will ask what they do carry today and then find out if my insurance will cover those strips and get my doctor to change my prescription. Does it ever feel like Diabetes is taking over your life?

#23 SWUSA_, Jan 13, 2017 at 5:51 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  4. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Still can't believe Trump will be President this time next week, what have they done....................:banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SWUSA_

It won't sink in until they begin to not be able to get their prescriptions or have a huge hospital bill after an accident, or not be able to afford care for their parents. We have a separate piece of legislation that provides for healthcare coverage for children, thank god.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #25 SWUSA_, Jan 13, 2017 at 6:30 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  6. SWUSA_

My new pharmacy told me they will order my strips if I need them, /Now I just have to call the insurance company and see if the new plan covers this brand that I am using now-I told the pharmacy I will check and let them know before they order a bunch in just for me. Overall it is working out, although the first day was pretty rough.

7. SWUSA_

• Informative Informative x 1
    #27 SWUSA_, Jan 14, 2017 at 7:37 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook