Coming off metformin

satkins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Got my third a1c back and I'm still in the mid 5's (5.5, 5.7, 5.6) so my doctor said to stop taking the metformin and we'll see what happens in three months. So I've been off of it now for a couple of days and I've got the shakes and weak knees just like a low blood glucose would be. I've checked my blood glucose levels and it's staying in the 5.5 range before and after meals. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had side effects from coming off metformin.

Thanks
Stephen

b34 blues

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was on 4 metformin when I was 1st diagnosed as my sugar levels was 114 when I found out I was diabetic and after 18 months I got them down to high 30s so my diabetic nurse Tole me to come down to 1 a day to see how I get on when I first went on to 1 I was a bit shaky and I do still get periods where I feel like I'm going backwards I feel tired weak low of energy but then I will be fine again I just think it's the way life for us will be we will have our ups and downs as diabetics

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
No side effects for me when I came off. Plenty of side effects when I was on it! Hopefully your body will adjust to being off the dreaded tablet (though some folk have no side effects).