coming out of ketosis

benjo123456

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm having a terrible time, with strange symptoms that I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

Basically, up to 6 weeks ago I was a normal, stable and happy person. I then cut down on my calories after having been a massive overeater, and since then I have been all over the place emotionally.

After eating, I cry uncontrollably. I assumed that it was the carbs, so I have cut them out. Whenever I start going into ketosis, I feel really good, back to my normal self. It is the only time I feel normal. I have had a few carbs, and always start crying afterwards. The last 24hours I have gone completely zero carbs for the first time. Again, I felt good entering ketosis, but even eating a non carb meal, (eg fish or chicken,) is still having the same affect on me. As soon as I eat, I break down into tears, almost being hysterical. I have absolutely no idea what's on. Any help really appreciated.

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
Takes a few days for body to adjust to ketosis or not. Do not use calories do - not applicable to the body. eat until full and only when hungry eat again. i manage easily on two meals a day at midday and early evening. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto

Reactions: benjo123456