1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Completion of DIAB1

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by Trayceht, May 14, 2013.

1. Trayceht

Trayceht · Newbie

Hi

Has anyone experienced any problems with the DVLA when completing the DIAB1 form & answering that you have experienced episodes of hypoglycaemia but NOT had any severe episodes (requiring assistance).

I am currently in the process of appealing a decision they made to revoke my licence back in December & now following GP reports & a letter from myself outlining their error in their decision they have now after 4 long months informed me that I can reapply for my licence which should never have been revoked in the first place!!

Thanks
    Tracy

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

No problems to date but I'll 'bump' your post up so that you get may get more replies.

3. Trayceht

Trayceht · Newbie

Thanks , just interested to know - will wait for further responses.

4. ilnar

ilnar · Well-Known Member

5. JIMDOG1

JIMDOG1 · Well-Known Member

You do if your type 2 on insulin short or long acting I've got the 3yr ticket and its safer to follow the general rule test before u drive and two hours if driving long distance

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

6. Sammeh5678

Sammeh5678 · Active Member

None at all. I had to reapply for mine in March this year and I have had 7 spots of DKA and I'm still allowed my licence, however it is because my doctor isn't good at his job.

7. m.chapman4

m.chapman4 · Newbie

I have been an insulin dependent diabetic for 30 years, informed DVLA when first diagnosed, I have not heard anything from DVLA since?

8. Sammeh5678

Sammeh5678 · Active Member

Strange. I'm on a 3 year timeout for my diabetes :-/

--
    Sam
    Sent from the iOS App
    Facebook.com/sammskii999

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook