1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Concern Re change in Meds

Discussion in 'Metformin/Biguanides' started by tmv5658, May 30, 2016.

1. tmv5658

tmv5658 Type 2 · Member

Hi
    I was diagnosed a year ago when rushed to hospital - was put on Metformin ( 3x 500 mg) and Gliclazide 2 X 40mg.
    I have worked hard with diet and exercise ( still working on it - lost 34lbs so far ) and have good BG control ).
    The DN has asked me to stop taking the Gliclazide ( the morning one first then the evening one). I so don't want to have raised BG. Has anyone else had this med stopped? Did you need to exchange for another med?
    I know everyone is different but would be interested to know

2. tina_marie

tina_marie Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi
    Husband has had his stopped as he was getting low readings . Hes had his metformin upped though but no change in his readings.

3. tmv5658

tmv5658 Type 2 · Member

4. tina_marie

tina_marie Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

No. I will ask at the next review but I think hes on to many .

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook