Concussion and BG's

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. I've not had a good few days. Hubby is still not well but a slight improvement. I took him to the doctor yesterday to get some meds to clear the blockage caused by the antibiotics ! It's working very slowly.
I've had a rotten virus for a couple of days, got up last night to take painkillers as I was hurting all over.. and that's the last I remember until hubby is waking me up on the bathroom floor.. It looks like I broke the loo seat with my head on the way down !
I was sick for a while and then slept most of the day. Feeling a little better now but have a very sore bump on the back of my head.
I've not been able to eat today as I still feel yuk but BG's keep on rising. 6.1 earlier and 9.5 now.. eek I never do 9's usually !!
Do I just accept this as a blip ? I've been drinking lots of water. Perhaps I should try and eat ?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@daisyduck A blow to the head resulting in loss of conciousness should not be ignored. Seek medical advice as soon as possible either call 111 or make your way to A & E immediately hope you feel better soon but please don't leave it till later.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @JohnEGreen . I've checked out the NHS advice and am keeping a look out for any problems.
Head seems OK apart from soreness where I hit. I do think it's the virus/ cold making me feel bad.
I had a similar thing happen in the bathroom about 4 years ago and ended up needing 17 stitches. Spent 2 hours in A&E then and they just stitched me and sent me home... I think I need to stay away from the bathroom !

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Daisyduck sorry to here what's happened to you but you should have got yourself checked out as other member said any bump to the head with loss of conchesness can be serious if you're sick again or get a severe headache please call nhs for advice or phone and make an appointment with your doctor i would do this anyway just to be sure after all you still got to look after your husband so please take care and let us know what happens big hug to you.

MDHalstead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a kids rugby coach. Concussion can effect you for weeks after. I would go and get it checked out.

Reactions: daisyduck

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Policy has changed in the last four years it is now routine for people presenting with head injuries to have a ct scan at most hospital A&E departments.

Reactions: daisyduck

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone. Hubby became very ill and I've had doctor on call all day so no time for me at all.. Luckily I feel fine.

I was rather annoyed with A&E on the previous head injury, which was a bad one.. no scan.. no checklist.. no advice. I'm sure that one cracked my eye socket as it hurt for weeks ! So good to hear that they do CT scans now.

My bump has gone down and just a slight soreness now.

Reactions: JohnEGreen