Conflicting results

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started with a new Libre sensor three days ago and all fine. However, today the Libre readings and the finger prick tests are waaaaay out! (Ie Libre 4.3 blood test 7.5 !!! I'm presuming the finger prick test is the correct one ? (I' been washing my hands and did another QC test on the strips). I can understand the sensor reading higher or lower generally but why would this happen so suddenly?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What were you expecting the level to be before you checked, and were you falling or rising rapidly at the time. (arrow on Libre vertical?) ?

Possibly just a one off, Charlie. There are rogue strips in every tub, nothing to do with your fingers. Some just get contaminated somehow, and some are allowed to fall outside the 15% accuracy range. I seem to remember only 95% of them have to be within 15%. The other 5% can be accurate or wildly inaccurate. A second finger prick test may have answered this for you.

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Line was straight (it usually is!) I though I might be about 7 BTW libre is now saying and falling!

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What were you expecting the level to be before you checked, and were you falling or rising rapidly at the time. (arrow on Libre vertical?) ?

Possibly just a one off, Charlie. There are rogue strips in every tub, nothing to do with your fingers. Some just get contaminated somehow, and some are allowed to fall outside the 15% accuracy range. I seem to remember only 95% of them have to be within 15%. The other 5% can be accurate or wildly inaccurate. A second finger prick test may have answered this for you.
It's been like that all day and I've tested about 6 times

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds to me like your Libre is playing up. It is unlikely you would get 6 rogue strips on the trot, unless the tub of strips has been left open or whatever.

Reactions: charliebarker

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, strips seemed fine yesterday as did Libre - sometimes yesterday it stops reading until I closed and opened the programme again - so it's probably the sensor - ****! I shall keep it on and see if it corrects itself

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it hasn't righted itself by Monday, you should call the support line.

It's useful to have some notes, so that you can cite some differences scan v blood, so maybe start the notes now, looking back on today?

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it hasn't righted itself by Monday, you should call the support line.

It's useful to have some notes, so that you can cite some differences scan v blood, so maybe start the notes now, looking back on today?

thanks ! I have about 10 finger prick tests and the 15 minute interval numbers from the sensor - so hopefully enough info ! Luckily as non-medicated type II the red flashing' alerts that my BS was 3.1 while I was at the gym, was unnerving but not health threatening - as I knew I would be VERY unlikely to go that low ! (of course when I got home the finger prick test said 5.7 which was much more like it ! Thank God I'm not reliant on it for medicating myself !!!!!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks ! I have about 10 finger prick tests and the 15 minute interval numbers from the sensor - so hopefully enough info ! Luckily as non-medicated type II the red flashing' alerts that my BS was 3.1 while I was at the gym, was unnerving but not health threatening - as I knew I would be VERY unlikely to go that low ! (of course when I got home the finger prick test said 5.7 which was much more like it ! Thank God I'm not reliant on it for medicating myself !!!!!

Of course, nobody should utterly rely on it, any more than we would do the same with finger prick testing.

Keep recording any anomalies as they might resist any number of rogues results if they are within a modest period.

I have found Abbot support to have been very godd, but when I have called them, I have my "evidence" to hand, and I have never, ever asked them to place a sensorr. They have always led that part of the conversatn.

Which meter are you using?

I don't routinely test using the on-board meter, as it isn't my first choice (self-funding and all that jazz), but I do have the appropriate strips to test when a sensor is in question. Once, and only once, did they query my testing with a non-Abbott meter and strips. My guess was they feel comfortable their own brand will be accurate enough, despite all meters complying with the same standard.

I'm content enough to go with their flow.

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course, nobody should utterly rely on it, any more than we would do the same with finger prick testing.

Keep recording any anomalies as they might resist any number of rogues results if they are within a modest period.

I have found Abbot support to have been very godd, but when I have called them, I have my "evidence" to hand, and I have never, ever asked them to place a sensorr. They have always led that part of the conversatn.

Which meter are you using?

I don't routinely test using the on-board meter, as it isn't my first choice (self-funding and all that jazz), but I do have the appropriate strips to test when a sensor is in question. Once, and only once, did they query my testing with a non-Abbott meter and strips. My guess was they feel comfortable their own brand will be accurate enough, despite all meters complying with the same standard.

I'm content enough to go with their flow.[/QUOT

I use a nexus GlucoRx and up to now the sensor's I've used have only been about 0.5 mmol out after 15 minutes - but today it's generally been at least 2, but not consistent enough for me to just adjust the readings. Am loathe to get in touch with Abbott as so far EVERY sensor I've used has either not worked initially or fallen off within three-five days, they keep sending me replacements but they might start to think I'm 'taking the michael' !!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

A someone who has been accountable for big ticket IT projects, used by many, many users, I know that user feedback; good, bad or indifferent is critical. Without the less favourable feedback, they could consider their product to be more robust than user experience that it's reality.

If it's still wonky on Monday, that'll be important for them to know, in my view.

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A someone who has been accountable for big ticket IT projects, used by many, many users, I know that user feedback; good, bad or indifferent is critical. Without the less favourable feedback, they could consider their product to be more robust than user experience that it's reality.

If it's still wonky on Monday, that'll be important for them to know, in my view.

Thanks for that - I will gird my loins to contact them again on Monday if it doesn't sort itself!

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
UPDATE:

Seems to be a lot better today - maybe about .8 under - but consistently so ! finger's crossed !

Reactions: Bluetit1802