Confused about what is happening help

Mid1

Hey guys

I am confused about what is going on with my body. I was in ED earlier this week after passing out and having palpations/chest-pain and burning sensation in my back. My blood glucose was checked and was 16.9 and 14.7. I was advised to see my GP urgently.

Saw the GP Thursday and had bloods taken and sent off awaiting results, in the mean time i have been taking my blood glucose levels pre breakfast and at 1 and 2 hors post meals as advised by my GP

pre breakfast last two days have been 7.7 and 6.7

all post have been normal except tonight when i hour post pasta meal it is 3.4 and i feel awful, shaky, palpations just generally weird. I was very hot but this has gone off.

I really don't think i am diabetic although i have a lot of the symptoms but i think the two high reading in ED were wrong as they have been fine the last two day. I am more concerned about the low one and the fact i feel AWFUL.

any advice greatly received

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I know next to nothing about RH so i will tag @Brunneria and @Lamont D who are both very knowledgeable about it.

I'll also tag @Daisy 1 for her useful info pack.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome.

I would love to be able to offer you lots of advice and reassurance, but the reality is, until you get those blood tests back, none of us can make any concrete suggestions. It is inappropriate for us to offer diagnoses, and at the moment anything would be speculation.

Sorry.

What I can say is that blood glucose rising and falling, or staying high for a while then dropping as you describe, does indeed, for many of us, make us feel awful.

When do you expect the results back?

I suggest that until you get those results back, that you eat sensibly, avoiding sugary or starchy foods in excess, make sure you drink plenty (no sugar or fruit juice), and test your blood glucose if you have enough test strips. Before and after eating. And if you see such high numbers again, you can check with your surgery or ring 111 (if in the UK) to discuss with them.

I know this is easier said than done, but try not to stress. It won’t change the outcome, and it will make the wait much more miserable. Take it easy. And don’t beat yourself up about ‘what ifs’ and ‘maybes’. It will all become much clearer when you get those results, and the forum members here are great at helping people understand test results if you post with questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chook