Confused and disillusioned

volorg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dessicated coconut
@volorg, if you don't mind me asking what dose of gliclazide were you on. My reason for asking is that my partner has had his dose increased to the maximum dosage of 320mg per day (he was on 160mg per day but dose was doubled at appointment on Friday); he is also on the maximum dosage of Metformin (2000mg per day)

Am a bit worried about the potential for hypos as he doesn't take care of what he is eating and refuses / doesn't see the point of testing.

Hi I was on I tablet of 80mg per day with my morning meal and I regularly had hypos and overate to compensate.

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
i am on metformin sr highest dose i can have also on glizlizide 80mg morning,80mg evening.
i lost over 4st before bieng put on glizlizde but put a stone back on very annoyed about it.
lately sugars have been up hill down dale this week at moment 5.6 but then for no reason 22.1 dr as said keep happening i am to go on insulin.

danielt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Volorg
Oh.. Could this be an issue then, OH been feeling 'not right' the last few days and says is really hungry.
We had a heated debate about an M&S wrap yesterday lol! Although even when added to my fitnesspal he was still on track...oops!
Argh!!!!

Destiny this is what worries me he has weight to lose I monitor it all AND that flipping wrap! And he is eating sufficient to lose around a pound a week but nothing happening. He does try but gets disheartened when nothing happens...

... I want to see if he can have a thyroid test but not sure if they do those for men....