Confused as to what is wrong with me?

Greeny79

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
seriously get something sweet its too low matey

Yea I did mate, about 200/300 ml of fresh orange, a small pork chop, spoonful of beans and 3 grilled mushrooms just checked its 3.8 now (just popped to shop and sweating like mad and v dizzy) feel really bleh :(

Nicola_F

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
well hopefully it should start coming up, its worthwhile checking that link which jack 412 posted, the sweats are kind of a usual thing for me, not sure going to the shop was the best thing you could of done, but I do that also, don't ask, I get anxious/nervous, and irritable also. You need to keep an eye on it, but also need to think about making a docs appointment also, if you haven't done so already

Greeny79

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys quick update

Had some blood and urine testing last week and been sent a letter to go in for a blood glucose test, have to fast overnight from midnight and the morning, thing is i'm going to struggle to even get to the docs if I don't have any food at all in the morning so it seems a bit daft

any advice or thoughts ?

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Well as far as I can see, and as harsh as this may sound, you have 2 options -
1/ fast and have the tests that your doctor has requested, and maybe find out what's causing your symptoms
2/ don't fast and don't have the tests, and not know what's causing your symptoms
If you're concerned about not making it to the doctors, get a family member or friend to take you

Reactions: 2 people

Nicola_F

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
The first test I had, I had serious doubts about the fasting for twelve hours, wasn't easy but in reality not the hardest thing going as I found out three months later when I was admitted into hospital and had to fast for three days, I know it will sound harsh as the person said above but your only real option to find out whats going on is to do it and take someone with you

Reactions: 2 people

Greeny79

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
no not harsh at all guys, i'm going to do it, I Had a much worse fast recently for a colonoscopy , now that wasn't great all round lol

what I am thinking is my bs is pretty normal early morning it seems 4ish so tbh not convinced its going to show much

I am convinced I have hypoglycemia and adrenal fatigue going on what I have read symptoms wise ..ie 90%+