Confused by DN/Keto/BG

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my defence I plucked 1955 out of the air with little thought. Not too dissimilar to how many HCPs choose their T2DM treatment advice :D

In the 1950s we were mostly slim and I for one walked everywhere (once I’d got past the pram stage). We were fitter. Unfortunately almost all adults smoked - my childhood memories are of cold, short trousers even in winter, the stench of adults, itchy clothes. I had sweets once a week at most as a treat. Crisps maybe once a month. The rest of our diet came to a timetable. Who knew we were doing the right thing?

Ps no bottled water. There were water fountains dotted around parks and public places in the Bermondsey of my youth.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I for one walked everywhere (once I’d got past the pram stage).
True, in the 60es too. I often see kids 3-6 years old being towed on wheels behind the pram of their younger sibling. Me at that age, my mum would grab me by my hand and we'd walk together to her favourite department store, where I'd be bored for a long time and walk back again. All in all maybe 2 miles. She once told me that I often sang while walking with her.

cyril.rayner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It is a measure of how much blood glucose has been taken up by the red blood cells over the previous 3 months (that is the average life of a red blood cell) It is often used to diagnose pre diabetes or type 2 diabetes.
Thank you, but how do I check this ?

cyril.rayner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you for your help, but I still don't know how to get it?