Confused with my macros

moraccomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
why only breakfast?

Might be worth checking the rise from pre to post prandial in other regular meals give you so you know the good from the bad.

Ideally you want to be back as close to preprandial as you can within 2 hrs as a general rule to be creating a “normal“ non diabetic responose. Within 2mmol is a good guideline to attempt as a type 2.

Some foods types will rise and fall faster or slower but this is a good all round target.
Yes used to check initially but I now take readings only if i suspect anything odd with food or how I feel. Usually it returns to premeal level in 2 hours.

Reactions: HSSS

moraccomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
why only breakfast?

Might be worth checking the rise from pre to post prandial in other regular meals give you so you know the good from the bad.

Ideally you want to be back as close to preprandial as you can within 2 hrs as a general rule to be creating a “normal“ non diabetic responose. Within 2mmol is a good guideline to attempt as a type 2.

Some foods types will rise and fall faster or slower but this is a good all round target.
2mmol is too low isn't it

moraccomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update: my bg (both fasting and pp) seems much predictable and stabilized now. Pp levels come back to baseline (around 110mg/dl) in 2 hours.

Tried few starch/sugar rich foods like potato, jaggery etc. Same findings. I'm now starting my attempts to lower my baseline to 90mg/dl
Thanks for all your support and profound insights.

Reactions: filly