Confused

swine1

Hello.
Been on this site for a long time and never had to ask advise.
I was diagnosed with type 2 over 10 years ago and have managed it well, however these last few days have been strange and perhaps someone may offer me an explanation. Firstly I do not test and have recently had my 6 monthly blood tests which was 6.5. I take Metformin and Juvania .Been feeling light headed and irritable and at times sick to my stomach last couple of days, I thought it could be from a recent cold. They are symptoms I have never had before and the irritable legs are not easy to put up with. As I say just the last couple of days. Next doctors appointment is after the bank holiday. Anyone offer assistance??
Regards, Bernard.

plutoniumcard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bernard

Long shot.....but by irritable legs, do you mean "restless" legs? If so this is sometimes associated with low iron levels.

Easy one for the doctor to check.

Good Luck

Tony

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bernard

Long shot.....but by irritable legs, do you mean "restless" legs? If so this is sometimes associated with low iron levels.

Good Luck

Tony

yes or low magnesium levels as well... I think you (swine1 ) should start measuring your blood glucse 1 hour after a meal, one can have a fine HbA1c and still eat in a high spiking way and the high spikes can lead to nerve problems and neuropathy also when having a normal level in HbA1c make sure your foods does not spike over 7.5 after eating a meal...to avoid long term damage of nerves and avoiding other adding conditons

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045678.php

swine1

Bernard

Good Luck

Tony
Hi Tony.
Was treated for this last year, had an infusion. Didn't have restless legs as a symptom though.
Thanks anyway.
Bernard.