Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is why my first post was to target under 5.7 before meal. To get the BG to healthy level. Standard target of 2 points difference before and 2h after is (bycouldn't ning) a little bit missleading - you can stop with over 8 BG levels for a long time and with big “spikes” - target should be to bring it down :)
Of course the aims should be to lower the height and the number of spikes but one has to learn to walk before one can run.
Plus, some of us would find it difficult to finance testing as you suggested i.e fbg, pre prandial, post prandial at one, two and three hour points for three meals per day plus a bedtime reading. I know I couldnt do this even short term. I think you set the bar too high for those newly diagnosed.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course the aims should be to lower the height and the number of spikes but one has to learn to walk before one can run.
Plus, some of us would find it difficult to finance testing as you suggested i.e fbg, pre prandial, post prandial at one, two and three hour points for three meals per day plus a bedtime reading. I know I couldnt do this even short term. I think you set the bar too high for those newly diagnosed.

Initial phase is investment - in long run will pay back with good health. 300 strips is 60 £ for 1 month and will pay 1000x back ...

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@rom35 that is interesting and I will file it away for the future. I was diagnosed in November so consider myself very much a beginner. Thank you.

Reactions: rom35

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Initial phase is investment - in long run will pay back with good health. 300 strips is 60 £ for 1 month and will pay 1000x back ...

£60 for a shed load of confusion does not a bargain make. I think we will just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: rom35