confused

brontebailey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi ive been diagnosed a week today with diabetes dont know which one at the moment well ive started back to work this morning cleaning at our local school which is 5 minutes walk im a up and out person so am washed and out within 20 mins im on background insulin levemir which i took this morning and before taking it my reading was 10.08 my lowest morning reading yet anyway i went to work nothing to eat or drink just water i only work for 2 hours in the morning anyway i tested my blood again before my breakfast and insulin injection of novorapid and my blood reading was 14.01 does that mean ive had the dawn phenoniman thing while at work

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Usually the dawn phenomenon happens while you sleep in the early morning before your usual wake up time. Physical exertion can cause a rise in blood sugar levels, depending on how vigorous it is.

brontebailey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
its not strenuous exercise put its exercise im not used that time in a morning because i dont usually get up before 9 oclock

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Seems more likely the exercise than dawn phenomenon. However, both are just the body releasing glucose to your blood stream in anticipation of needing extra energy. Or for you it could be something else entirely, but I can't think of anything.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your liver will dump glucose whenever it thinks you have too little in your system to keep going. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, but it happens more frequently in the morning before breakfast as this is when we have fasted the longest. This is why diabetics should always eat breakfast after getting up and before doing anything active.

Reactions: 2 people