1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

connection for accuchek mobile

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by borderter, Apr 11, 2020.

1. borderter

borderter Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Have accuchek mobile connected to mysugr app but dr wont give me scripts for cassettes so trying to find a way to connect other blue tooth meter but cant seem to do it .Since rosche bought up my sugr have they made it only for use with thier own meters

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. searley

searley Type 1 · Well-Known Member

There has only ever been about 5 meters that work directly with the mySugr app. One is the contour next one but I doubt your go will give you those strips as they are more expensive.. I have an accuchek connect meter which also works but again the strips are more expensive than the mobile

3. borderter

borderter Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for that am still trying to get script as consultant wrote to gp saying to give me accucheck strips as bolus info helps me loads ,tried explaining to nurse that expert meter was being phased out so need change to cassettes and even added that it was cheaper to nhs than the strips but to no avail however have contacted consultant asking for him to contact gp about this change so crossed fingers it happens

• Like Like x 2
  4. searley

searley Type 1 · Well-Known Member

In fairness your doctor is being a **** it’s on the accuchek website that the cost of the cassettes has been reduced to the nhs I think the nhs now pays £7.50 per cassette where as the aviva test strips are about £10.75 per pot to the nhs.. if your consultant instructs him to prescribe them he will

Or phone accuchek and push for a replacement expert they send me one only about 2 months ago

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook