Conrol Test Solution

Sparks1224

Hello To All,
New on so sorry if this has been asked or covered.
I am currently using an Accu Chek Performa Nano and cannot find any Control Test Solution.
Is there one available and are specific test strips needed and if so how often should a control test be done.
Thanks,
S.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Sparks1224 , and welcome to the forum!
I've never done a control test, instead I check my meter against my diabetes nurses when I'm there, or against my own spare meter.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello To All,
I am currently using an Accu Chek Performa Nano and cannot find any Control Test Solution.
Is there one available and are specific test strips needed and if so how often should a control test be done.
Thanks,
S.

Usually phone manufacturer's customer services and they send it out to you F.O.C.

As to frequency, it's difficult to say. I've done it once in the past 5 years, then my control solution expired.

But if you feel the need to check what your meter is telling then go ahead.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello To All,
Thanks,
S.
Did you register your meter with Roche when you first had it? I did for my Aviva Nano and get free control solution - which lasts 3 months and battery vouchers from them which they post to me f.o.c. They used to send batteries until some one decided it wasn’t safe

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Sparks1224 , and welcome to the forum!
I've never done a control test, instead I check my meter against my diabetes nurses when I'm there, or against my own spare meter.

Would that be wise, checking one meter against another with the 15% allowance? Control solution is specially made to read at a certain level on the machine. I always tell people to stick to one machine as the variances in the machines can be way out.... ie an actual BG of 7 could be 5.9 on 1 machine and 8 on the next

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would that be wise, checking one meter against another with the 15% allowance? Control solution is specially made to read at a certain level on the machine
The control solution has a +/- 15% range.

Reactions: Struma

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
The control solution has a +/- 15% range.

BUT it gives you what your meter should be reading?? ie 7-8. Comparing 2 meters can potentially be nearly 25% out

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BUT it gives you what your meter should be reading?? ie 7-8. Comparing 2 meters can potentially be nearly 25% out
Correct, I was just pointing out that control solution just shows the meter (actually the particular batch of strips) is in range, rather than measuring the accuracy.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Would that be wise, checking one meter against another with the 15% allowance? Control solution is specially made to read at a certain level on the machine.
I allow for such differences. when comparing meters. As far as I understand the control fluids aren't supposed to give you an exact number either, the meter is deemed right when the result is between certain numbers.

Reactions: porl69
M

Member496333

I don't bother these days, personally. Waste of a good strip. So far I've never had cause to question the validity of a measurement.