Type 2 Constant Neuropathic Pain in feet

Mazzer53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
I have had Type 2 Diabetes for about 15 years now and I've been suffering from terrible Neuropathy in my feet which, to anyone who doesn't know, is like someone with a knife stabbing my feet all night. I am not able to get enough sleep and I'm reluctant to keep taking the painkillers all the time but I am still working so I need to be able to function for a day at work. Is there anyone out there in the Diabetes community that has suffered this as well? For the last 5 months I've had my blood sugars very controlled and I'm exercising as well I just want to know will the pain ever go, or at least lessen so that I can cope. My life is so blighted by the pain that it's ruining the quality of my life and the Doctors say that I'm on the pills I should be but they do not help in any way.
Please help me someone!

Thanks for listening to me.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
I have had Type 2 Diabetes for about 15 years now and I've been suffering from terrible Neuropathy in my feet which, to anyone who doesn't know, is like someone with a knife stabbing my feet all night. I am not able to get enough sleep and I'm reluctant to keep taking the painkillers all the time but I am still working so I need to be able to function for a day at work. Is there anyone out there in the Diabetes community that has suffered this as well? For the last 5 months I've had my blood sugars very controlled and I'm exercising as well I just want to know will the pain ever go, or at least lessen so that I can cope. My life is so blighted by the pain that it's ruining the quality of my life and the Doctors say that I'm on the pills I should be but they do not help in any way.
Please help me someone!

well dear it is such a devastating condition .. not much is helping this condition... but some do have help from the R-alpha-lipoic-acid at least 600mg daily , here is where I have found them the cheapest at "apo-rot" a german but very reliable web-pharmacy shop,where I buy them for my mother , it takes 3-5 days to get them from the ordering time :
https://www.apo-rot.co.uk/index_sea...ext=Frey+Nutrition+ALPHA-LIPONS%C4URE+Kapseln
(it is important that it is the R-form of the alpha lipoic acids = R-alpha-lipoic-acid )

another thing that might help is to have optimal levels of vitamin B 12 all the time... as too low levels of vitamin B 12 can actually be the cause of neuropathy..

eating cherries is helping inflamation in the body and so are blueberries... and dark chokolade (sugar free high condensed chokolade) :
https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/organic-cacao-liquor-buttons.html

also try 200gram horse radish chopped in 0.5 liter red wine for 10 days and then , kept in fridge , and then start the day with one-two teaspoons daily on an empthy stomack, it taste very heavily of the herb , it is a traditional natural recepi used to pain cramps and odemas (it is not scientifically proven ... but maybe worth a try anyways and not very expensive )

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
High blood sugars cause neuropathy. The best way to reduce high blood sugars is through a low carb diet. Pills such as metformin are not much help in reducing high blood sugar. You need to get a blood glucose monitor to test your blood sugars before and two hours after meals to see which foods spike your blood sugars,

Best to avoid high carb foods such as breakfast cereals, bread, potatoes, rice and pasta and avoid fruit juice and fruit such as bananas and grapes.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is effective in reducing neuropathy. A vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause neuropathy. Metformin can cause B12 deficiency.

Mazzer53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
High blood sugars cause neuropathy. The best way to reduce high blood sugars is through a low carb diet. Pills such as metformin are not much help in reducing high blood sugar. You need to get a blood glucose monitor to test your blood sugars before and two hours after meals to see which foods spike your blood sugars,

Best to avoid high carb foods such as breakfast cereals, bread, potatoes, rice and pasta and avoid fruit juice and fruit such as bananas and grapes.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is effective in reducing neuropathy. A vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause neuropathy. Metformin can cause B12 deficiency.
Thanks for your advice. I will look into this ALA.

Mazzer53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well dear it is such a devastating condition .. not much is helping this condition... but some do have help from the R-alpha-lipoic-acid at least 600mg daily , here is where I have found them the cheapest at "apo-rot" a german but very reliable web-pharmacy shop,where I buy them for my mother , it takes 3-5 days to get them from the ordering time :
https://www.apo-rot.co.uk/index_sea...ext=Frey+Nutrition+ALPHA-LIPONS%C4URE+Kapseln
(it is important that it is the R-form of the alpha lipoic acids = R-alpha-lipoic-acid )

another thing that might help is to have optimal levels of vitamin B 12 all the time... as too low levels of vitamin B 12 can actually be the cause of neuropathy..

eating cherries is helping inflamation in the body and so are blueberries... and dark chokolade (sugar free high condensed chokolade) :
https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/organic-cacao-liquor-buttons.html

also try 200gram horse radish chopped in 0.5 liter red wine for 10 days and then , kept in fridge , and then start the day with one-two teaspoons daily on an empthy stomack, it taste very heavily of the herb , it is a traditional natural recepi used to pain cramps and odemas (it is not scientifically proven ... but maybe worth a try anyways and not very expensive )
Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at ALA as it seems to be the only thing that might help me.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
R ALA helped me emmensly and within days

It's important to try to find R ALA rather than regular. The R fraction is the absorbable part. If you get the regular you need 600 mg and the R 300. Its best to divide it throughout the day. I take one with bf , one early afternoon and one later afternoon.

I buy these on line. It's challenging to find the R fraction in stores.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swa...h-r-fraction-alpha-lipoic-acid-100-mg-60-caps

suginami

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get intense neuropathy in my toes. Alternating with numbness. I exercise by walking a lots everyday. I eat wholewheat bread but no other major carb. Lots of veg. Blueberries. Weight is down 14 kilos. But still burning toes. B12 I also increased recently. Hospital next Thursday as I go once a month in Tokyo.

suginami

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get intense neuropathy in my toes. Alternating with numbness. I exercise by walking a lots everyday. I eat wholewheat bread but no other major carb. Lots of veg. Blueberries. Weight is down 14 kilos. But still burning toes. B12 I also increased recently. Hospital next Thursday as I go once a month in Tokyo.

Jooliex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
Please help me someone!

I feel your pain Mazzer.... constant burning, unable to bear socks and shoes, walking is like walking on glass and basically left to get on with it! All of that plus the excrutiating cramps through the night it is no wonder we are like zombies...

Reactions: Jordan_Knight_