Constant sugar craving

bugs87uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ive been a Type 2 Diabetic since i was 18 (im now nearly 26). I take metformin twice a day.
I try to control my diet and recently ive lost 3 stone however im still over weight and have lost the motivation to lose more or excersise and im putting it back on. I am finding most recently i am addicted to sugary foods and constantly craving sweets and chocolate. This is staring to worry me as im having severe abdominal pains and achy legs and feet.
I know i shouldnt be eating the stuff im eating.
Can anyone help with any advice on how i can stop eating and craving sugary foods.
:(

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi, I know how you feel. I was diagnosed 2 and a half years ago. No sooner than I was diagnosed I suddenly started craving chocolate, cakes, sweets, everything I now really shouldn't have. Ive always had weight issues, but before diagnoses never had such bad cravings.

Just over 3 months ago I discovered this forum and Low carbing. It has changed my life. My BG has fallen from an Hba1c of 8.9 to 6.3 and my cravings have gone. I would really recommend low carbing and within a couple of weeks the cravings will go. The problem is that sugar is addictive. One of my loves was soft white sliced bread, I could go through a loaf on my own in a couple of days. Thats because it turns to sugar in your body very quickly and is therefore addictive, its like it gives you a high. I will admit in the first couple of weeks of low carbing I didnt feel brilliant, but I got through it and now feel great. I have also lost around 20lbs, which is making me feel great too. Before I used to get so tired, had so many stomach issues and due to my weight, back and knee issues. All now so much better.

If you look around the forum there is alot of advice on low carb and loads of recipes.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Yes every time you eat some shut your eyes and think "this is how its going to be pretty soon if I keep doing this"