Constantly hungry!

livabet1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello.
I've been T1 for 4 years now but and I am coping reasonably well, had a wobble in January but on the mend.
I am and have been trying to stick to a low carb diet but I am finding I am constantly hungry.
For breakfast this morning I had a 3 egg omelette with a good portion of mushrooms, plenty of spinach and chopped cherry tomatoes, this was at 7am. I normally then gave a snack of nuts and an apple at around 10am but at 830am I am really hungry! The same happens after lunch. Unfortunately I have break the diet and reach for food which doesn't help my carb count or my calorie intake.
I'm at the top end of a normal weight range for my height and age but I'm conscious of putting weight on.
All I want to do is eat? Any help / advice gratefully?
Thanks in anticipation.
N
What are your blood glucose levels?

Bishop

Hello
As some already suggested I think you don't have enough protein. I am doing low carb diets for years now, I did try keto diet as well but moved away of it as I didn't feel very well. Long story short, you need to eat more meat or any sort of proteins. Try to top up proteins and lower your fats step by step and see how it goes. If you want to find out more follow my channel as I am planning to most much more stuff there to help other types 1. Good luck!
Here is the link to one of my videos