Continuing Experiences In Visualisation

SouthernGeneral6512

Some of you may remember I'm spending 2 hours per day visualising a cure for my retinopathy and hoping that something of that will leak through to reality :thumbup:.

What I've noticed is the more you do this the more it starts to have a will of it's own and hopefully this is the subconcious giving me the tools required to fight the illness? :clap:

Today was especially interesting I was lying on my bed eyes shut doing the retina filling with oxygen in time to my breathing one when I suddenly began to feel very very small ... it took me a few moments to become orientated then I realised it was a very old memory of how I felt lying in my cot covered with a little blanket. I thought of my eyes and realised they were perfectly clear blue pools and I wondered if I was still young enough for my Müller glia cells to divide and so I thought of them starting to regenerate my retina.

Now I'm not saying this is reality but perhaps it may throw a switch deep in my subconcious that will eventually tip the outcome to the good rather than to the bad :clap:

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
Dear SouthernGeneral

I teach Yoga and meditation, and I think you're experiencing a breakthrough. Visualisation is a really positive exercise. When we meditate, or visualise , and keep the mind focused - we are promoting the flow of ALPHA brainwaves, which are a slower frequency than the BETA ones that power us through our busy days. Alpha waves help us to tap into our intuition and imagination. They promote the release of endorphins and dopamine. They are truly healing. They reduce stress and bring down blood pressure. They promote a deep connection to the inner self and the enormous healing power there.

Keep visualising. :thumbup:

Cath

SouthernGeneral6512

Thank you very much for that Cath it's good to get some positive feedback. I think if anything matters it's to REALLY believe in it :D.

It's funny some days after about 30 minutes relaxing I get a very intimate encounter with my retina literally feeling that I can touch them where as others (like today) they just feel at arms length. I will keep trying though :thumbup:

Thanks again :clap:

p.s. Do you have any tips? I'm always keen to have new ideas :thumbup:

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
Any time you need tips, please ask! There are so many different methods of meditation and visualisations that you can do, but if you've found a method that works for you, I would stick to it for the time being.

One of the most important things is to be dedicated to your practice - to do it when you are really in the mood, and to do it when you're NOT really in the mood.

Another is to try not to judge whether the session was good or average or bad. Just doing it is what counts.

From the tone of your post, you appear to be highly motivated - and from what you describe, you are allowing your body to become truly relaxed and your mind to become "one-pointed" which is what we aim for in meditation.

You are doing something that will have an effect upon your entire wellbeing - body, mind and emotions. Most people never achieve these levels of deep relaxation. The benefits are tremendous.

keep in touch!

Cath

SouthernGeneral6512

Thanks for that Cath lots of interesting reading :thumbup:. I particularly agree with the point of don't judge the session too much because who knows what affect it will have!

I think a lot of what I'm doing is trying to keep it unpredictable because it's when we have been over the course so many times we start going through the motions. My latest additition is imaging myself in the warm dark womb before birth when my eyes were full of muller cells that were able to divide. It really is a major omission by mother nature not to permit them to do this in mammals after birth :sick:.

Thanks again for your support :clap: