Continuous glucose monitoring to understand BG ADVICE PLEASE

Seán mise

I am considering getting a Dexcom for a month to help with understanding my BG levels. I am burning a lot of test strips, not helped by the fact that my first next one monitor was dodgy.
I tried researching the answers but contradictions abound. Especially in regard to exercise. My regular morning hour March sends it up 2 points. But if you search Google the précis says yes, click on the article and its all about HYPOS and exercise.
So I figure I need to work it out myself. GPs are useless at this stuff, and as for the dieticians they have sent me too... complete waste of time.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I can't help with the continuous monitoring I have never used one but I may be able to shed some light on your exercise question.
Our livers store a certain amount of glucose which get released into the bloodstream when we are under any form of stress (physical or emotional) it's the fight or flight response. So I find that any gentle exercise will lead to a reduction in my numbers but if I push myself my liver helps out with a shot of glucose which will raise my levels.
It's neither good or bad, it's just our bodies working as they should. Moving glucose out of storage in your liver where you can't measure or see it, to your bloodstream where you can

Reactions: Mike d