CONTINUOUS MONITORING

Injector1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This month's balance had a review of continuous sensors. But no explanation as to how they work and what they cost etc. Surely there is something that has to be renewed, the equivalent of a test strip, what's the cost of these, how long do they last and are the replacements available on the nhs? Anyone out there know?

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
This month's balance had a review of continuous sensors. But no explanation as to how they work and what they cost etc. Surely there is something that has to be renewed, the equivalent of a test strip, what's the cost of these, how long do they last and are the replacements available on the nhs? Anyone out there know?

I'm optimistic that these gadgets will soon be manufactured by high-tech medical mechanics. If Apple can create the Golden Goose watch with buttons for "medical" assets, e.g. blood pressure, it can't be far behind. The problem I see is the possibility of infection on a constant injection.

winephil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cities and crowds
I have not looked at the forum for several months. In the autumn there was a very active section reporting on the experinces with the Freestyle Libre monitor. I was considering buying one at that time but delayed as there seemed to be quite alot of problems with allergy on the sensor area of the arm. I cannot find any reference to form now. an anyone tell me how to get back onto it.??????????? I live in France. Lindsay

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have not looked at the forum for several months. In the autumn there was a very active section reporting on the experinces with the Freestyle Libre monitor. I was considering buying one at that time but delayed as there seemed to be quite alot of problems with allergy on the sensor area of the arm. I cannot find any reference to form now. an anyone tell me how to get back onto it.??????????? I live in France. Lindsay
Here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/freestyle-libre-on-sale.65900/unread

Reactions: 2 people