contour next 'one'

nicey1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Tried to get a free meter on numerous occasions.. never been successful...have applied for one of these yesterday....but wanted one as soon as... just out of hospital yesterday and told to check levels 3/4 times a day.....and my ' usb next' has just packed up today..sods law aint it.. didn't want to waste all the next strips i have by getting a different brand brand and just wanted the latest contour meter as well.. Will try to send the broken one back as it should have a lifetime warranty in place. Cheers for the reply anyway.
Geoff.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried to get a free meter on numerous occasions.. never been successful...have applied for one of these yesterday....but wanted one as soon as... just out of hospital yesterday and told to check levels 3/4 times a day.....and my ' usb next' has just packed up today..sods law aint it.. didn't want to waste all the next strips i have by getting a different brand brand and just wanted the latest contour meter as well.. Will try to send the broken one back as it should have a lifetime warranty in place. Cheers for the reply anyway.
Geoff.
Okay, have you tried applying for a free meter on this page?

https://www.contournextone.co.uk/#

Your strips should be compatible with the following models of Bayer meters:

https://www.contournext.com/our-products/test-strips-and-lancing/test-strip-compatibility/

You can get them all here:

http://www.bayer-shop.co.uk/diabetescare/meters/index.cfm

nicey1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
yeah .. visited all of those linke.... just looking for the 'contour next one' meter that is compatible with the smartphone app as well. :)

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meter manufacturers will normally replace a defective item without question and it will be the quickest solution.

As far as the freebies go, manufacturers are happy to throw them at T1s (Bayer every 6 months) because we get strips on prescription, but I asked for one a while back and it's not yet arrived; the previous freebie from Bayer took a few weeks to put in an appearance, too.

nicey1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Meter manufacturers will normally replace a defective item without question and it will be the quickest solution.

As far as the freebies go, manufacturers are happy to throw them at T1s (Bayer every 6 months) because we get strips on prescription, but I asked for one a while back and it's not yet arrived; the previous freebie from Bayer took a few weeks to put in an appearance, too.
cheers. Geoff.

nicey1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Phoned bayer/Ascensia Diabetes Care who sent me a replacement USB next meter which I received the very next morning along with a wall charger and also organised 'the contour next 'one' to be despatched within a cpl of weeks. Apparently they are not on sale in the UK yet. Cant fault the service of Bayer. top notch.

nicey1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
But wen u get free monitors from here u cant get strips from ur gps
Not had a problem getting them on prescription so far. 8 years. (that is to say on any meter i have bought/not free ones of which ive never had :))

Last edited:

leking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But wen u get free monitors from here u cant get strips from ur gps

Yeah you can! Definitely. They usually provide a letter for your GP in the pack with the meter to get your prescription changed.

rebusuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It took 3 weeks from request form to delivery. Used many many meters over the years. This one is a game changer. No problems getting the strips on prescription (in Wales).