Contour next one

Besty W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just received a new Contour next one glucose meter, I thought I'd give a quick review for anyone looking for a new meter, and hopefully put a bit back into the forum after all the help it's been for me so far.

I'd been using a 'true you mini' since T1D diagnosis last October and found the amount of wasted strips frustrating and found I'm continually being behind with my log book.
I love this new meter as it gives a second chance to add more blood, and it logs it all on my iPhone for me, and I understand it can collate this into one report. It's also worth noting im finding the lancet device much better too, its a lot more robust and somehow less painful.
I was also offered the Dario, however this is not currently compatible with the iPhone 7, and Dario don't have a date when it will be.
Anyway I hope someone somewhere finds this useful

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Besty w hi there thanks for posting this information I myself got one of these meters mainly for backup was just wondering how do you transfer data from meter to phone also does it work with an android tablet?Please let me know how you get on with it thanks.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
how do you transfer data from meter to phone also does it work with an android tablet?Please let me know how you get on with it thanks.

I got mine on 25/1. Absolutely love it. I'm an android user and the meter transfers the data by bluetooth so should work if your tablet has bluetooth.

Reactions: Besty W

Besty W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Besty w hi there thanks for posting this information I myself got one of these meters mainly for backup was just wondering how do you transfer data from meter to phone also does it work with an android tablet?Please let me know how you get on with it thanks.

Hi I'm glad you found it useful.

The meter has Bluetooth which allows it to 'pair' with your phone, either iOS or android. It's quite easy once you've downloaded the app as it gives you prompts

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had one since December and just love it I used the True You meters as my surgery insisted as they say the contour next strips are too expensive I love the next one and would recommend it to anyone. At the moment I am funding my strips myself as themeer is so much better it has more features and I can't praise it too much . It has made me control my sugars better. Now being 90% within range instead of 85% out of range.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Thanks guys for info yes im on android and got Bluetooth just one more question as its my backup meter but after your replies will now become my main meter lol where do you guys buy your test strips from as not sure my doctor will change my prescription cheers.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would ask your doctor and if they so no ask your hospital team to recommend. You may have to explain why this meter is better for you so get to know all the features throughly. Also find the Nice guidelines on here so you know your rights as a Type 1.

I buy very carefully from ebay and I have never had a problem. Have been testing for 6 years now with a freestyle lite, contour xt and now the next one. I have a continous search set up on ebay and never pay more than £10 for 50. Often can buy multiple packs cheaper.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Yes thanks alison Campbell for that will ask doctor next Friday when I have my diabetes check if no joy will get some off eBay thanks again.