Convert Average Blood Glucose Level to HbA1c?

Stox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Soaps, reality, TV, films, arguments!
Hi all.

Have just tried to use the site conversion to find out my HbA1c, using the average for the app for my meter, which came out as 8.3 mmol/l and tells me I am in hyper range, as per attached image.

Anyone any idea about what is going on?

Thanks.

Stox

Attachments

• Average BG Level.png
    Average BG Level.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,463

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will go even further than @phonic2k To get an accurate average you would need to test every half hour 24/7. Then factor in meter inaccuracies, whether your meter internally converts capillary blood to venous plasma readings, plus your own personal rate of haemoglobin glycation.

Stox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. The average BG readings are for the last 30 days, recorded by my meter, Aga matrix JAZZ wireless. Saved to an app on my phone and the average reading was calculated by the app. I test 4 times a day, always before meals. Insulin is twice a day, 48/28 units. The image I posted was a screenshot from the results I got from the Diabetics.co.uk calculator. What I'd like to know is, how can an average of 8.3 mmol/l be classed as Hyper? my targets set by my Team is 5 - 11. Records are kept ready for a visit from the team. I am not newly diagnosed. I was found to be Type 2 in 1999, but only started using insulin, earlier this year.

My question is still, why did the Diabetes.co.uk calculator tell me I am Hyper? I've experienced hypers for a long time - up to 33 a few times. Kidney failure each time I've gone over 20, but it feels a whole lot better noow my levels are ore controlled, but STILL the question is, why has that average reading telling me I am hyper?

Stox.

75Bedford

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My interpretation of your figures is that you are above the level for non diabetics (over 48 being diabetic). Wouldn't describe that level as hyper just slightly elevated.

Stox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Can agree with you 75, but I am type 2 and the slider certainly went into the Hyper range. I'll have to check it out on Tuesday when the team arrives for monthly check up.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. The average BG readings are for the last 30 days, recorded by my meter, Aga matrix JAZZ wireless. Saved to an app on my phone and the average reading was calculated by the app. I test 4 times a day, always before meals. Insulin is twice a day, 48/28 units. The image I posted was a screenshot from the results I got from the Diabetics.co.uk calculator. What I'd like to know is, how can an average of 8.3 mmol/l be classed as Hyper? my targets set by my Team is 5 - 11. Records are kept ready for a visit from the team. I am not newly diagnosed. I was found to be Type 2 in 1999, but only started using insulin, earlier this year.

My question is still, why did the Diabetes.co.uk calculator tell me I am Hyper? I've experienced hypers for a long time - up to 33 a few times. Kidney failure each time I've gone over 20, but it feels a whole lot better noow my levels are ore controlled, but STILL the question is, why has that average reading telling me I am hyper?

Stox.

hello Stox
before your meals forgets to count in the raise after eating, so probably your number would be much higher to be a true average..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Stox.
It doesn't though... it tells you you have diabetes.It shows you are above the 48 mmol/mol that is the level for diabetes.. nothing to do with Hyper surely..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I test on average between 8 & 10 times a day. I log my BGs on an app called "Diaconnect." Now this gives an A1c average that I worked out at about 5% higher than the lab gives me on my check ups? Which incidentally, is what my meter reads with the hospital's...
The Diaconnect A1c feature I don't take seriously. It's just a bit of fun. But, so far there is a consistancy with the "official" all be it 5% higher...

Reactions: Freema