Corona - Partner has to work

lisauk

Hello

I am after some help. I have been a type 1 diabetic for 34 years. I am also an bio injection which also reducing my immune system for arthritis.

My husband has been off work since 1at March as he was taken into hospital with a gall bladder infection. He need an op ration but that will be when thing settle. We then had to isolate due to coughs, we are still all coughing but the isolation will end and my husband is due to go back to work. As he works in a hard ware shop.

Our concern is he will go to work and may pickup the virus and bring it home to myself and our 7 year old.

please what are your thoughts what should be do ?

Very concerned Lisa

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @lisauk ,

Welcome to the forum. What took you so long to post.?

Are you saying your husband's operation on his gall bladder was postponed?
Does he still have a cough? COVID or not, I can't see an employer would want him in the workplace under current circumstances.

I caught a cold at the start of this. Not knowing what this virus entailed as I started sneezing & hacking I rang up.
instead of being told to "man up" they were happy for me not to come in..? No questions asked from my experience..

It's a tough call. But if you husband is still coughing? It might not look great in the work place with customers & colleagues .
Has he spoken with his employer?