1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Coronavirus and Working?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by foster_kid, Mar 19, 2020.

?

Self isolate or continue to work?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. foster_kid

foster_kid Type 1 · Newbie

Hi everyone, I’ve been a type 1 diabetic for nearly 20 years now and I also have coeliac disease. I take 4 injections a day and also 4 metofirm tablets. I am 25 years old and I am a retail worker so I be up close and personal with the general public on a daily basis, as my field of work is based around providing customer service. Recently I was put on a ramipril, Simvastatin and a iron tablet as my blood count is low. I was told I had a very low immune system and needed to go on a multivitamin. I am getting concerned about the coronavirus and I’m unsure if I should be isolating or continuing to work? Does anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

#1 foster_kid, Mar 19, 2020 at 9:13 PM
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  2. Redvee

Redvee Type 1 · Member

Your employer should have spoken to you about this in the last few days as the advice I've ben given by mine is the Goverment is telling anyone with health issues such as diabetes etc regardless of T1 or T2 should isoloate from 23/03 for 12 weeks. Mine starts when I finish Friday night, still have to finalise a few details tomorrow but I'm working with the welfare guy in work so will be firing questions at him all shift.

3. foster_kid

foster_kid Type 1 · Newbie

hi, the advice I was given by hr was that they can’t tell me to go of work and it’s my choose. I rang them for advice and stated everything and they basically told me to practise good hygiene and continue to work if I can. So I’m very confused.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook