1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Could I be becoming Diabetic?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Cahila, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Cahila

Cahila · Newbie

I have recently been more thursty than usual and I have been sleeping more on my days off, I have just done a random blood sugar check and I am 6.4 mmol/l at the moment I haven't eaten anything since 1pm and it is like 5 hours later, please help I'm so confused with it all as I don't feel lows and I have started noticing this sudden change

2. Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You need to go to see your doctor and get a blood test to confirm diagnosis. Thirst is a key indicator, along with dry mouth and tiredness. Don’t take no risks, see your GP

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

This website has more than the forum (and its very knowledgeable members): there is a great library of information about diabetes such as
    Type 1 diabetes symptoms
    Type 2 diabetes symptoms
    Blood sugar level ranges

Whilst tiredness and feeling thirsty are symptoms for diabetes, I second (or third) the advice to visit your doctor as they are symptoms for other conditions too.

And, in the meantime, take a look around the website to understand about diabetes and know what questions to ask if you are (or not) diagnosed with diabetes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cahila

Cahila · Newbie

Thank you, I am scheduled to see an endocrinologist as I have been battling with hypoglycemia unawareness for quite a long time, thanks for the advice

• Like Like x 2
  5. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you been diagnosed with hypoglyceamia? If so, you might find help in this subforum: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/reactive-hypoglycemia.70/ There might be people who know more about different kinds of hypoglyceamia than just reactive hypoglyceamia.
    Good luck!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

@Cahila - Do you have any diagnosis for your hypoglycaemia episodes?

7. Cahila

Cahila · Newbie

No not yet that is why I'm seeing the endocrinologist about it as I have almost fainted multiple times due to not feeling my lows till its too late, I am hoping to get some help with it all and hopefully they will try me on a cgm to figure out what is going on, I have had multiple abdominal surgeries and my last one made it all worse. I just want some control so I can enjoy being active again and not risk any problems occuring.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook