Could I be becoming Diabetic?

Cahila

I have recently been more thursty than usual and I have been sleeping more on my days off, I have just done a random blood sugar check and I am 6.4 mmol/l at the moment I haven't eaten anything since 1pm and it is like 5 hours later, please help I'm so confused with it all as I don't feel lows and I have started noticing this sudden change

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently been more thursty than usual and I have been sleeping more on my days off, I have just done a random blood sugar check and I am 6.4 mmol/l at the moment I haven't eaten anything since 1pm and it is like 5 hours later, please help I'm so confused with it all as I don't feel lows and I have started noticing this sudden change

You need to go to see your doctor and get a blood test to confirm diagnosis. Thirst is a key indicator, along with dry mouth and tiredness. Don’t take no risks, see your GP

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted Account

This website has more than the forum (and its very knowledgeable members): there is a great library of information about diabetes such as
Type 1 diabetes symptoms
Type 2 diabetes symptoms
Blood sugar level ranges

Whilst tiredness and feeling thirsty are symptoms for diabetes, I second (or third) the advice to visit your doctor as they are symptoms for other conditions too.

And, in the meantime, take a look around the website to understand about diabetes and know what questions to ask if you are (or not) diagnosed with diabetes.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I am scheduled to see an endocrinologist as I have been battling with hypoglycemia unawareness for quite a long time, thanks for the advice

@Cahila - Do you have any diagnosis for your hypoglycaemia episodes?

Cahila

@Cahila - Do you have any diagnosis for your hypoglycaemia episodes?
No not yet that is why I'm seeing the endocrinologist about it as I have almost fainted multiple times due to not feeling my lows till its too late, I am hoping to get some help with it all and hopefully they will try me on a cgm to figure out what is going on, I have had multiple abdominal surgeries and my last one made it all worse. I just want some control so I can enjoy being active again and not risk any problems occuring.