Could I have diabetes?

chefchef123

Hi I am an 18 year old sports student, I am very active and play sport 4 days a week. Recently I have started eating alot more than usual and drinking a lot more than usual but have somehow managed to drop 1 stone in weight. I have also been going to the toilet more which is also a symptom from what I have read. My aunt has diabetes type 1 but not my mum, dad, or any of my siblings, however my parents have high blood preassure mine is fine if not a little low. For three years I have suffered from migranes if I dont eat regularly and am constantly tired. Ifeel really weak and lightheaded if I don't eat for a while. I don't think I am at risk because I live an active lifestyle and eat well but could I be wrong, should I visit my GP or will they simply say that I shouldn't be concerned! For three years I have suffered from migranes if I dont eat regularly and am constantly tired.
Thanks board
xx :?:
5ft 4inches & 9 stones

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum,Chef.Please go and see your doctor as soon as you can.A blood test will determine if you are diabetic and if you are you need to start treatment as soon as possible.I hope every thing goes well for you.Please come back and tell us.

dobber

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya
Go and see the doc. A simple blood test will tell. Don't worry if you are a diabetic you can still live an active normal life, if thats worring you. good luck!