Counting Carbs

dosh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm T2 & trying to limit my carbohydrate intake.
In the Jacobs Cream Cracker example below, should I be counting Carbohydrate (5.4g) or Carbohydrate of which sugars (<0.1g)?
Thanks.
jacobs cream crackers.png

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 & trying to limit my carbohydrate intake.
In the Jacobs Cream Cracker example below, should I be counting Carbohydrate (5.4g) or Carbohydrate of which sugars (<0.1g)?
Thanks.
View attachment 65985
Agree with Antje77. All digestable carbs are digested to glucose and therefore need to be included when you're counting carbs. On that basis, I'd put those crackers in my "avoid at all costs" category (I aim for around 20g/day). At five and a half grams per cracker that's too much carb for me for such a small item.

Depending on your aimed-for daily intake, you might be able to find room.

dosh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Agree with Antje77. All digestable carbs are digested to glucose and therefore need to be included when you're counting carbs. On that basis, I'd put those crackers in my "avoid at all costs" category (I aim for around 20g/day). At five and a half grams per cracker that's too much carb for me for such a small item.

Depending on your aimed-for daily intake, you might be able to find room.
Thanks, KennyA.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
When it says of which are sugars that's the bit that could cause a quick spike in your bg and once their raised could cause problem getting it back down , well it does for me anyway so I find it best to go for the low sugar snacks and keep my Libre graph going in a straight line .