Couple of questions

Cambiel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there a forum for type 2 who are not being treated with insulin? Maybe i am being daft, but I cannot find it.

The downloadable low carb meal plans seem to be very high in carbs?? The plan cab ne over 100g carbs on some days.
I entered all my details int macrofare website and it suggested a daily intske of 18g carbs. ((I am 5'6 14st and 60yrs old)
Anywhere I can find guidance on what the daily intake of carbs should roughly be?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Penabby

Penabby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Cambiel, Im non medicated and try to stay under 20 carbs a day, basically keto. I have no idea if there is a forum, but sounds like its a good idea to create one. Good luck

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there a forum for type 2 who are not being treated with insulin? Maybe i am being daft, but I cannot find it.

The downloadable low carb meal plans seem to be very high in carbs?? The plan cab ne over 100g carbs on some days.
I entered all my details int macrofare website and it suggested a daily intske of 18g carbs. ((I am 5'6 14st and 60yrs old)
Anywhere I can find guidance on what the daily intake of carbs should roughly be?

Thanks in advance

I think type 2 is a mix of insulin, tablets and diet. But anyone who posts just posts under their diabetes category.
I think we can’t tell you how much carbs to start. We are all different so you could start where you at now and reduce it slowly. Write a food diary, test your blood to monitor your progress. But to be low carb - I think it’s under 130g

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks in advance
If you go to the Menu of topics, select Food & Nutrition, then Low-Carb Diet Forum you'll find a Ketogenic diet forum at the top then further down under Topics you'll find What have you eaten today (you can't miss it - it has Peter the Huntsman spider as a side picture). The what have you eaten today forum is mostly non insulin dependent on 20g carbs or less a day. Some eat a little more but tend to be way under 100g. You find all kinds if ideas there. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1spuds

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks in advance
Maybe the administrators can tell from information gathered from the profiles what proportion of Type 2 members are on insulin. I suspect that it's a small minority. If you are going to try to keep under 20g of carbs a day then you need to be looking at keto recipes. Officially low carb is less than 130g a day but a lot of posters seem to be in the 50-80g range.