Covid-19 and linagliptin

ray2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been Type 2 for 10years.
I've just read the article on diabetes.co.uk reporting the research by Dr Gianluca Iacobellis in Miami into the treatment of Covid-19 using drugs used in type 2 control such as Linagliptin.
During the first week of February when Covid-19 was something which appeared to be only going on in China, I started developing some very nasty symptoms. At the time it seemed like some sort of seasonal virus/chest infection and I didn't go to the GP. It wasn't like flu and with hindsight I now think I believe had all of what we now know to be typical Covid-19 symptoms. It was pretty severe took me a long while to fully get over it. Incidentally a friend who is a doctor says that he and others are convinced Covid-19 has been in this country longer that is acknowledged.
As part of my drug regime for type 2 I take Linagliptin and now having read the article about Dr Iacobellis' work, I cannot help but wonder 2 things:
Have I had Covid-19? and has Linagliptin been effective on treating my symptoms and prevented them from developing into a condition where I needed hospitalisation or even worse?
Any other Type 2s on Linagliptin had the same experience ??