1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Covid-19

Discussion in 'Type 3c (Pancreatic) Diabetes' started by Craigh82, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Craigh82

Craigh82 Type 1 · Member

Hi all. A quick question. I work as a community carer on the front line even with this virus is going around. Has anyone isolated themselves and Should I be in isolation because I'm insulin dependent.

2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Hello there Craig - I haven't isolated, as I'm not specifically required to, however, I have een following the government to practise stringent social distancing. These links could be useful:

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...dance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

Being insulin dependent is not considered to excessively increase the risks of contracting COVID-19.

Stay well!

3. _becs

_becs Type 1 · Member

Hi there,
    Thank you for asking this question, I hope you get some more replies.
    I'm currently a carer for people who live in their own homes too, this is something I am worried about with having insulin-dependent diabetes and hereditary chronic pancreatitis.
    Currently, I am studying at home and rarely leave the house except for work on the weekends. Friends and family have said they would rather I shield at home and not go to work because they are worried and have had two friends test positive for the virus but my partners a delivery driver so still working too.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook