Type 2 Covid 19

Teatime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does anybody know if your type 2 diabetic on insulin high blood pressure and asthmatic should still be working on a covid ward

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Doesn't sound ideal to me. All I can say is if it where me I would definitely prefer not to be.

Reactions: Teatime

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Does anybody know if your type 2 diabetic on insulin high blood pressure and asthmatic should still be working on a covid ward

From the data that is currently available, I'd suggest that with diabetes, asthma and high blood pressure you should be staying well clear of Covid-19.

I'd also suggest you talk to your manager about your risk and see if anything can be done to reduce it.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You are at higher risk and ask your GP if you are also taking ACE inhitors eg. ramipril for the hypertension.
As to whether you should be working or anyone should be, they need to coinsider how the risk is being mitigated and discuss with their employer.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are at higher risk and ask your GP if you are also taking ACE inhitors eg. ramipril for the hypertension.
As to whether you should be working or anyone should be, they need to coinsider how the risk is being mitigated and discuss with their employer.
My husband takes Rampril - is there something we should look out for?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought that Ramipril had been given the all clear as far as COVID19 is concerned now?

My son and daughter in law were both sent home from their respective offices on March 20th as their employers classed them as vulnerable. I know the NHS is short staffed but surely they owe their staff a duty of care too?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My husband takes Rampril - is there something we should look out for?
My dad also takes it and I have suggested he talks to his doctor about the relative risks of taking it in consideration of the hypotherical ncreased risk caused by taking this class of drugs. it is hsard to unpick because those who react badly to Covid infection have other health complications but there is the Lancet article that discusses it. There are other types of hypertenion meds (I personally take irbesartan for kidney issues for example):
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30116-8/fulltext