Type 1 Covid booster

Sarm246

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else had there booster and has it affected your sugar levels? I was fine with my first 2 jabs, but since my booster my levels have been running high.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have not had my booster but I did have my third dose of vaccine a couple of weeks ago and yes my blood sugars have definitely been affected I will be having my booster in about six months from now and dread to think what a fourth jab may do guess I will find out in April.

Reactions: Sarm246

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As a T2 I had no bgl problems with my first two vaccinations, I can get my booster vax sometime this month. It will be interesting to see if I get a reaction out of the third one.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nearly 3 weeks since my third jab, my blood sugers have just started to get back to normal, slightly quicker than my first covid jab, thank goodness I have my pump and cgm to help control my blood sugers

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had it one week ago.
It seems different people react very differently.
Our friend had a full day in bed yet my wife had nothing at all.
Peter03 below looks to be settling after 3 weeks.
Very peculiar.
Best of luck with it.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve had a booster, T1. Yes, I needed more insulin to keep blood sugars more or less ‘right’; I took it as a sign that my immune system was reacting so I should be pleased. It was more concerning when they rose again five days after husband returned from a stay away to look after our older grandson over half term.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It seems different people react very differently.
Our friend had a full day in bed yet my wife had nothing at all.
Peter03 below looks to be settling after 3 weeks.
Very peculiar.
Best of luck with it.
I am back to normal now, I do think everyone who can have the covid jab should I know a couble of freinds who won't have it they say if everybody else have the jabs they won't need to, life is to short to argue with them