covid/long covid

jan.steamqueen67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had covid in October, now diagnosed long covid, yet i am still working as keyworker, work for the ambulance service in the control room, so still working, I cannot have the covid jab due to bad reaction to the flu jab and medications and also some unexplained reaction i went to my local vaccination hub to get the covid jab, but they would not give it to me as they said due to my history of allergic reactions and with me having had covid my reaction could be worse i spoke to my doctor before i went and he thinks i would be ok, yet the vaccination centre would not give me the jab and gave me a email address to contact who replied and said they would pass my query onto a medical profession the answer after a few days was to ask gp for allergy test, this has been done in the past so if medical proffesions cannot advise on my reaction I am afraid i am not chancing the vaccine yet, i had a really bad reaction to flu jab, i have been advised that some who have had covid have been really bad after the jab. I am diabetic type 2 and on tablets for that and high blood pressure, which was under pretty good control before i had covid , since having covid it s messed a lot up and my long covid is struggling to sleep, headaches and lost over 50% of my hair, work have actually been quite good and did reduced hours for a short while as i work 12 hours night and day shifts, so where reduced to 8 hours for a while, now back on normal hours.

But i am still working, still fighting long covid, no letters from my gp to sheild, just in the clinically vulnerable group , i am terrified of getting it again but also sick of the pressure to get the covid jab, i cannot have it, i have been and they would not give it to me.

I really dont think enough is done to protect some diabetics my Blood sugars are raised after covid but they are coming down and another blood test in a couple of months, but just so worrying but just got to get on with it and try and fight it as best I can , its a pity diabetics are not on these sheilding lists but guess there are just too many of us. I love my job apart from the pressures but love helping people but such scary times
Janine

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My mother in law has a history of extreme allergic reactions but was allowed the Astra zeneca one provided she stayed for 15 mins afterwards in case of reaction. She was fine.

jan.steamqueen67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mother in law has a history of extreme allergic reactions but was allowed the Astra zeneca one provided she stayed for 15 mins afterwards in case of reaction. She was fine.
Hi thanks had she had a previous reaction to a needle jab it was because i had a reaction to the flu jab mainly, i can only go by what i was told at my appointment, glad your mum in law was ok though

astle9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had covid in October, now diagnosed long covid, yet i am still working as keyworker, work for the ambulance service in the control room, so still working, I cannot have the covid jab due to bad reaction to the flu jab and medications and also some unexplained reaction i went to my local vaccination hub to get the covid jab, but they would not give it to me as they said due to my history of allergic reactions and with me having had covid my reaction could be worse i spoke to my doctor before i went and he thinks i would be ok, yet the vaccination centre would not give me the jab and gave me a email address to contact who replied and said they would pass my query onto a medical profession the answer after a few days was to ask gp for allergy test, this has been done in the past so if medical proffesions cannot advise on my reaction I am afraid i am not chancing the vaccine yet, i had a really bad reaction to flu jab, i have been advised that some who have had covid have been really bad after the jab. I am diabetic type 2 and on tablets for that and high blood pressure, which was under pretty good control before i had covid , since having covid it s messed a lot up and my long covid is struggling to sleep, headaches and lost over 50% of my hair, work have actually been quite good and did reduced hours for a short while as i work 12 hours night and day shifts, so where reduced to 8 hours for a while, now back on normal hours.

But i am still working, still fighting long covid, no letters from my gp to sheild, just in the clinically vulnerable group , i am terrified of getting it again but also sick of the pressure to get the covid jab, i cannot have it, i have been and they would not give it to me.

I really dont think enough is done to protect some diabetics my Blood sugars are raised after covid but they are coming down and another blood test in a couple of months, but just so worrying but just got to get on with it and try and fight it as best I can , its a pity diabetics are not on these sheilding lists but guess there are just too many of us. I love my job apart from the pressures but love helping people but such scary times
Janine
Sadly over the next year or 2 the damaged caused to diabetics by covid will become very clear, i am struggling from november bout of covid and have been referred to a long covid clinic.

jan.steamqueen67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly over the next year or 2 the damaged caused to diabetics by covid will become very clear, i am struggling from november bout of covid and have been referred to a long covid clinic.
yes I am very nervous about it, i have worked all the way through , i just dont think there has been very good protection for some diabetics

Sophieg

I caught covid in October as at work as a key worker was still struggling 3 months later so had a blood test before the gp refer to the long covid clinic. It was the blood test that showed up the high blood sugar and after another blood test diagnosis of diabetes. Started on metformin and once I have got to maximum dose next month got to start a weekly injection not sure what off it is to help me lose weight and control blood sugars. They said not sure what my symptoms were long covid and what was diabetes and if I had diabetes before covid and not no it or covid set it off. I was high risk of diabetes because of my weight and diets had not been working and having PCOS but used regularly exercise at gym or jogging before covid but now find even walking hard am going to join the gym again when they reopen