Covid susceptible

Bash_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery
Given Insulin is a hormone treatment and covid historically attacks the body's immune system. Question is: has anyone experienced or know anyone with T1 that has managed to stabilise their sugars and come out the other side health i.e. survived covid. Personally, I've T1 for over 47 years and currently controlled at 39mmol, but looking for some feedback (if possible) in a effort longterm to restart travelling abroad again. Confidence is real issue and could do with some assistance. Many thanks in advance

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Given Insulin is a hormone treatment and covid historically attacks the body's immune system. Question is: has anyone experienced or know anyone with T1 that has managed to stabilise their sugars and come out the other side health i.e. survived covid. Personally, I've T1 for over 47 years and currently controlled at 39mmol, but looking for some feedback (if possible) in a effort longterm to restart travelling abroad again. Confidence is real issue and could do with some assistance. Many thanks in advance
I've had covid at least twice and am doing fine, no difference to before covid.

Hba1c is 36.

Reactions: Bash_ and EllieM