Covid vaccine Type 1 Kids

Elsa79

Hello,

I hope everyone is safe and well. So a Covid vaccine has been approved, but they don’t seem to be offering it to kids under 16 with Type 1... is anyone else concerned about that?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I imagine that would be because there is NO evidence that kids, even type 1, are disproportionately impacted by Covid 19 and age remains the biggest risk multiplier.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

I hope everyone is safe and well. So a Covid vaccine has been approved, but they don’t seem to be offering it to kids under 16 with Type 1... is anyone else concerned about that?

This is from the government paper published today: https://assets.publishing.service.g...n_-_advice_from_the_JCVI__2_December_2020.pdf

upload_2020-12-2_13-25-49.png

And from Page 10 of the same paper:

upload_2020-12-2_13-27-9.png

I hope that helps.

Reactions: Natt

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tghat's because its not being given to under 16s AT ALL>
Incorrect. There are extension trials going on at the moment to check specific groups that are not presently covered. Children is one such group. They were recruiting last month,

TypeZero.

Hello,

Age is the biggest factor affecting severity of Covid. The older you are the more severe it is. I am 19 and I came positive for Covid antibodies so I’ve had it before but I never ever remember by blood sugars being unusually high or anything