1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Covid

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Camoo, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Camoo

Camoo Prediabetes · Active Member

So the hubby has tested positive and I'm waiting for my results back. my fasting blood glucose was 9.1 , they are usually 6.5-6.7.
    Is this typical ? I'm still sticking to keto. I do have symptoms, they aren't to severe. Luckily we had gone shopping the day before so plenty of food .

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Being ill can and doesraise BG levels. Sticking to keto and drinking plenty should help.
    Get well soon both of you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Camoo

Camoo Prediabetes · Active Member

Luckily we have both been double jabbed, keto has made a huge difference to my health and to be honest even with covid I feel healthier than I have for a long time, plenty of fluids, paracetamol and keto food, shame we can't taste it unless it has tobasco on it:playful:
    o_O x

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook