Covid

gb350

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You will be fine mate.. I'd advise Vitamins D, C & Zinc. this will help you on your way. They won't thank me for telling you this here. doesn't conform to their narrative..

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You will be fine mate.. I'd advise Vitamins D, C & Zinc. this will help you on your way. They won't thank me for telling you this here. doesn't conform to their narrative..
Thank you. Been having D and C I'll get some Zinc delivered after reading about it.

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. Been having D and C I'll get some Zinc delivered after reading about it.
Thought I was getting somewhere then I wake up in the night with 1.8 ketones . Managed to get it down but so tired from it all. My Covid result came back postive still on day 6 so not over yet.

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought I was getting somewhere then I wake up in the night with 1.8 ketones . Managed to get it down but so tired from it all. My Covid result came back postive still on day 6 so not over yet.
3 days on feeling well enough to do some activities again. Ketones aren't going over 0.6 which is better but definitely still getting high blood sugar readings. This has been a journey definitely the worst symtom I have now Is my muscles locking up easily

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Jan 4 I picked up a cough. I thought nothing other than that. No other symptoms. We did a covid test and it turns out that was supposed to be my clue. So I went into isolation.

My household and myself were all vaccinated. My only symptom was a cough. Everyone else tested negative, with exception to me.

I didn’t struggle with the condition. The more a sat the more liquid collected in my lungs. That sucked. So when I could move I could loosen the stuff.

I’m excited to say that I finally produced a negative test last night. So I think I’m over it! And I think the condition was so minor for me because of the vaccination we had done. And no one else in the house came down with it, which was another success.

Reactions: JCBBFC27

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably my last update now. BG's are still higher but ketones are minimal only really spiking in the morning. Main Symtoms I have now is rather painful Muscle cramps in my arms and legs and just feeling run down. Definitely never want to experience anything like this again but it's taught me a lot about my Diabetes even after 10 years.

holdem

Have tested positive myself this am. I have read the thread re the vitamins and the sick day rules and lozenges
Are there any other tips you could suggest?

I hope you are all feeling better now

many thanks

holdem

Also in preparation the TDD (total Daily Dose) Is this how much insulin you take on a day on average including what i dose for my meals?
For example i Bolus around 18 and Basal around 18 units a day so is my TDD 36 or 18?

Also "If your BG is within target range you may only need BI if you are not eating." What does the BI stand for? is it Bolus Increase?

Many thanks?

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also in preparation the TDD (total Daily Dose) Is this how much insulin you take on a day on average including what i dose for my meals?
For example i Bolus around 18 and Basal around 18 units a day so is my TDD 36 or 18?

Also "If your BG is within target range you may only need BI if you are not eating." What does the BI stand for? is it Bolus Increase?

Many thanks?
To be honest it was years ago when I made the switch so I can't quite remember how they worked out what background insulin I required. It does sound familiar the amount being half of what novomix I was taking when I was doing just two injections a day. On sick days I tend to try and avoid cough sweets and medicines unless very necessary just because it can affect blood sugar unexpectedly in my experience. Not sure about vitamins but because they're such a small dose I can't see it causing any issues.

JCBBFC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have tested positive myself this am. I have read the thread re the vitamins and the sick day rules and lozenges
Are there any other tips you could suggest?

I hope you are all feeling better now

many thanks
I am feeling better than I did but I'm suspected to be suffering from long Covid oh dear . Definitely dragged on for me. The best advice I can give on sick days is following the rules of testing every two hours and if higher than 13mmols test for ketones. Adjusting both background and bolus injections accordingly to higher blood sugars. Also never be afraid to ask for help from your Diabetes team if you're struggling or call 111 if they're not reachable.

Reactions: Ledzeptt

holdem

Thanks jcbbfc for your reply. Sorry to hear of your potential long Covid.

BI has been stumping me. Of course it’s back ground insulin. I have been calling it basal but it makes sense now.

many thanks

Reactions: JCBBFC27