CRAZY sugars postpartum

LindsayOz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello! I'm almost 4 months postpartum and my sugars stayed pretty good the first couple months. However, the last month my sugars have been CRAZY! It's like a roller coaster where they are high, over 250 or low, 49. I was diagnosed with retinothapy while pregnant and they said I had to keep them steady so I am freaking out a little. Did anybody else experience this? I'm getting really worried because my A1C was so good and I'm sure now it's a lot higher. I want to have another baby within a year and want to keep my sugars controlled. It's stressful and a little depressing to see my sugars be so out of control when I'm trying so hard. :/

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Lindsay could it be the stress or maybe hormones making them a bit erratic?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe some kind of hormonal change, as PP said? Did/are you breastfeeding? I found that made my sugars go very low to start with, but I'm presuming they'll go up at some point.

I think you're on a pump, aren't you? Could it be a change in body composition that's affecting insulin absorption or your sites?

Have you spoken to your diabetes team to see if they have any ideas? I know how stressful high sugars are. I hope they get better soon.

Lolli24

Mine are the same!! I barely eat anything and they always seem high! I'm finding even small snacks are making them shoot up. I put my background insulin up and that's helped a lot. I also want another baby in the next few years so hoping I can xx