Creatine kinase and exercise

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I've been hammering it all summer on the exercise front, running , rowing and cycling without a day off for several months. My last blood test indicated I have anemia and my creatinine levels were elevated and GFR was down.

I had a second test with roughly the same results, my CKNC (Creatin-Kinase) was measured and was severely elevated at over 330 U/L. I believe this is due to my exercise regime and I've been told to stop exercising.

On the anemia front B12 , Folic acid were all okay and Ferritin levels were in limits but on the low side. I have to go for a scan to determine the cause. Since I slowed down on the exercise front I'm noticing all the classic symptoms of anemia like dizziness, fatigue etc etc Is there anything I can do for the anemia whilst waiting for the scan, I'm getting no treatment for it and still have a week to go ?

I'm taking iron tablets in moderation without any noticeable results.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Elevated creatine levels are normal when working out because of muscle damage to which extent is off course the concern. But i don't think anyone will feel comfortable telling you what to do for the anemia, it's best left to the doctor once he finds out what causes the anemia. As i understand it the treatment can vary from cause to cause so suggesting one thing without knowing the cause can be dangerous. Hang in there and i hope they find the cause and solution soon.