Creatine supplement type 1

Jamiedean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just wondering if anyone has any advice on take creatine? I’m type one and been going to the gym for a couple of month. I want to start taking it but read a few things good and bad.. I was thinking about taking half doses to start 2.5 gram instead of 5.. if anyone has used it who has type one please could you tell me what it’s like?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I found that it really dropped bg levels down a lot, this wasn't immediate, but hrs later. Not T1, I but do take insulin, but not a lot due to a lack of production. I just happened to test a little earlier one night after using a 2.5g amount and I was glad I did check or I would of been in some trouble.

Not saying this would happen with you also, but that was my experience.

Reactions: Jamiedean

Jamiedean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for you reply.. how many hours after did you check? I’m unsure about it but thought if I start of small. I have read that there hasn’t been any study’s done with type 1. Might be worth logging my levels down and start with just a gram.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I'm going to say it was about 3hrs, and this was later at night post meal. The only thing different was using the creatine. Maybe some other T1's will be able to offer better advice. This is probably something that may effect people differently.

Reactions: Jamiedean