Creon

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Hello everyone, simple enough question I'm struggling to answer but does anyone happen to know if Creon raises blood glucose levels?, thanks for any response.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Creon side effects include raised bg levels in some people and lowered levels in others.

Reactions: Grant1969

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you for that, it helps answer some of the mystery around my bg going up and down so dramatically even when consuming the same meals. It really is turning out to be really complicated.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for that, it helps answer some of the mystery around my bg going up and down so dramatically even when consuming the same meals. It really is turning out to be really complicated.
I am also on Creon but am not aware of any discrepancies because of it. If you are on Creon I assume like me you have pancreatic insufficiency of digestive enzymes. Just wondered if you ever been tested for type 3c.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have got pancreatitis and was originally diagnosed by the gp as type 3 but this was changed by the diabetic consultant I saw at the hospital but since seeing the consultant I've lost all confidence in him, trying to educate myself and it's difficult for this old dog, it would appear, hehe.

susie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have got pancreatitis and was originally diagnosed by the gp as type 3 but this was changed by the diabetic consultant I saw at the hospital but since seeing the consultant I've lost all confidence in him, trying to educate myself and it's difficult for this old dog, it would appear, hehe.
Hi grant i take creon for lack of enzynes it dosnt change my sugars to much

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for the response everyone, yeah if truth be told I'm still at the clutching at straws stage trying to make sense of the readings I get and the unpredictability of the ailment, pancreatitis and diabetes, type 3 or type 2, misdiagnosed or not????, I'm just confused but that doesn't seem to be that surprising as most people seem to be informed and then cut loose to work it out for ourselves.

susie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Susie have you ever been tested for T3c?
do you mean type 3 no i was rushed into hospital with a reading of 69 it was about a year after that i was getting bad stomach problems i had tests and they came up with lack of enzynes