Type 1 Croissant carbs - how much do they count?

jembateman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi all
Just joined this forum and hoping to solve a mystery: if I inject enough insulin for 30g of carbs in, say, toast or cereal, I'm fine; if I do it for 30g of carbs in croissants, I go hypo later in the morning! Has anyone else found this? A couple of people have suggested this is due to the amount of butter in croissants slowing down the carbs going into the blood sugar.
Thanks for any help!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd tend to agree that their high fat and so carb absorption is slower hence going low a bit later, and then going higher after? you could try splitting the dose 50/50 first and keep testing eventually you'll work out how to handle them - maybe a bit of marmalade on them might help - but obviously increases the total carb?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
In Carbs and Cals its 11g of carbs for 0.9oz and 22g of carbs for a 1.8oz.

Carbs and Cals is a great help !!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

jembateman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks masonbason - I'll check against the very useful C&C again, but think I have done before. If it's different from what's on the packet, I'll report back, as that will be very interesting/worrying!